How To Get Paid On Time As A Contractor? | BizTips with Business Assist
- 28 February 2023
- Nelson Tasman Business Trust
It’s so tricky when you have to go after your clients and get those invoices sorted, right?
We are excited to announce that we are launching the ✅BizTips✅ series! Hope you will benefit from these videos as we answer some of the most common questions we get asked here at Business Assist.
We will cover a range of topics from business advice to mentoring, and if you have any topic you are curious to hear about, please let us know!
So, here are 3 quick tips from Gael to help you with the challenge - how to get paid on time when you are contracting to someone.
You can watch the video here or carry on reading.
1. Make sure you have a solid written agreement with your payment terms so everything is clear on when and how to pay.
2. Have a face-to-face conversation first to discuss any issue. It might be that the odd invoice doesn't arrive or a deadline is missed by accident. Check in, it is often an easy fix and can be dealt with in person or via a phone call very smoothly.
3. If payment doesn’t happen by due date, manage it the moment it happens and follow up instantly. Don't let it carry on. Payment reminders can be sent and several accounting systems allow you to set these up even automatically.
Hope this helps! Do you have anything to add?
We will be back next week with more tips, so stay tuned!
Gael & Bea
Would you like further business support?
* Free Business Consultation Available
Access a free, 1h confidential meeting with our Trust Manager & Business Advisor to discuss a business idea, or if you need help with starting a business.
Book your appointment here:
* Sign Up for a Business Mentor
Having a mentor gives you the confidence to challenge yourself, stay on track, navigate new opportunities and avoid pitfalls.
We can match you to a local business mentor here:
* Join Our Networking Events
Attend our upcoming networking events & workshops to grow your business. Book your spot here:
* Keep in the Loop
Subscribe to our YouTube channel here, we have lots of useful videos for you to benefit from!